Saturday, October 13, 2007

George Clooney A Knudsen Review

Lost in translation

George Clooney was born in Lexington, Kentucky. His mother, Nina , was a former pageant queen, while his father, Nick Clooney, was a journalist, anchorman, game show and American Movie Classics host, as well as a politician from the state of Kentucky. He has a sister Ada and was the nephew of the late Rosmary Clooney.

He didn't do too well at school but excelled at baseball. He later attended two colleges but never graduated.
He started acting in TV shows such as The facts of life, Roseanne, baby talk and of course ER which went to make him a star.
From those shows ER was the only one I've ever watched, (the wife liked it) Clooney's character Dr Doug Ross was a nice competent caring doctor but with a wild side .
Clooney also did voices for South Park, the most memorable was Stan Marsh's gay homosexual dog Sparky in which Clooney only made barking noises, it goes to show the genius and balls that South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker have to give a star like Clooney a role like that, and it shows what a humble , humourous actor Clooney has to be to do it, the man is not a Diva.

Always time for fans, even the ones that can't get their camera working.

Dusk Till Dawn, directed by Robert Rodriguez in 1996 Clooney played Seth Gecko, what a great movie experience that film was, vampires, Salma Hayek with her sexy dance and Clooney being cool as ever with tribal tattoos though from what tribe we aren't sure, buy this film on DVD.
I want to forget One Fine Day with Michelle Pfeiffer as chick flicks bum me out, but The Peacemaker playing military loose cannon Thomas Devoe along side Nicole Kidman this was an action chick flick which is ok in my book.
In 97 he became Batman, I have no idea why as that franchise has long seen its sell by date, I do remember from the film that they gave him nipples in his costume which was just very wrong.
1998, Out of sight, a good film co-staring Jennifer Lopez, she was good in this and very hot, its a sexy film all round, I have it on VHS.
Clooney has done so much, I can only really talk about what I've seen so I do miss a lot out.
In 1999 in Three Kings he played Major Archie Gates, another brilliant film I love the scene when hes shagging the reporter and shes chanting, "trained warrior, trained warrior" there is just so much to that movie, great characters, action, tension, layers and the way Director David O Russell put it together its perfect, I have it on DVD.
Perfect storm and O brother where art thou in 2000 didn't do much for me, being a fisherman I like to see fishers come out on top and as this is also a true story its quite sad to me, the brother film just didn't do anything for me, though it had its moments like shooting cows with a tommy gun.

2001 Ocean's Eleven as Danny Ocean I just loved the cast and the script, these guys had fun, even Don Cheadle's terrible cockney accent didn't spoil it, I own this DVD.

I still haven't seen Confessions of a Dangerous Mind but to my shame I did see Solaris, boring or what? I don't want to see Intolerable Cruelty as I can't stand Catherine Zeta Jones and spy kids I can really do without.

2004 Ocean's Twelve as Danny Ocean again and he was also the Executive Producer, this film so pissed me off, they brought in Zeta, and sure they had fun during the making and it shows but the plot negates the first film and is just shite and so they didn't win first time round after all. George looked kinda old during this, maybe he wasn't well due to his bad back as hes looked better since. I bought this DVD on the strength of Eleven, I don't have excessive money to buy bad films so I feel cheated and let doon by this one.

The last Clooney film I saw was Syriana which he also Produced, he got a best supporting actor Oscar and gave a great speech, he deserved an Oscar but for other work hes done but its all politics and if theres a line formed then you have to wait yer turn. Syriana was ok, beautiful set pieces but dragged on unnecessarily, Clooney was good though.

I always like to hear Clooney speak as he is a witty fucker, he was speaking at a National Board of Review event and said: "Charlton Heston announced again today that he is suffering from Alzheimer's."
Some didn't take this joke well though I laughed.

"It was just a joke," Clooney responded. "That was someone else trying to make a bigger story."

Fucking funny lad, don't let them tell you otherwise.

Charlton Heston commented, "It just goes to show that sometimes class does skip a generation," referring to George Clooney's late aunt, Rosemary Clooney.
"ouch!"

Then he said, "who are you people? get out before I get my gun if I could remember where I put it."

Clooney is a liberal but he doesn't seem like a knee-jerk idiot type that thinks only in black and white, he has spent time in Chad and Sudan highlighting the Darfur conflict with his father, making a film on it, its good that he uses his name and money to do good like this . He seems like a good man and it shows in his acting and acts of generosity a movie star throw back from the past but with a modern edge.


He needs no stinkeen introduction

Hes a likeable womanizer with a heart of gold, the Cary Grant of his day, long may he grace our screens.

2 comments:

Fat Sparrow said...

"Solaris" was brilliant, you uneducated cunt.

Old Knudsen said...

I may be uneducated but I can do bok learnin you'll always have bad taste in crappy films.