Sunday, October 14, 2007

Brad Pitt A Knudsen Review

William Bradley "Brad" Pitt born 18 December 1963 in Oklahoma and grew up in Missouri. He went to Kickapoo high school where he did sports, debating, student government, and acting. Then he attended the Missouri school of journalism.
His early roles included soaps and sitcoms like Head of the class and Growing pains and also did Dallas but not like Debbie.
His break through role was in Thelma and Louise as a drifter who soon became every woman's fantasy.
He did Cool World in 1992 which I get confused with the roger rabbit film. Also he did A river runs through it which I own on DVD but that's because do a double pack on sale and you have to get the crap one to get the good one, also Kalifornia which he played a crazy red neck type, he plays crazy good.
In 1993 he did a cameo in True Romance as Floyd, I love that film and someday I shall own it.
1994 with Interview with a vampire, bad casting for him and Cruise and crap makeup, I always quote the line "why do you whine so much Louis" and I say it as Cruise does as if I have a mouthful of fake teeth.
1994 Legend of the Fall, I love this film and own it, I also own Se7en which was done the same year , he plays detective David Mills, a brash fella who has stress tells like rubbing his hair, I would have shot yer man at the end too.
1995 Twelve monkeys which I must own, again playing crazy but nutso crazy this time. In 96 he did The Devil's own in which he put on an Irish accent and played an IRA man, unless the IRA are portrayed as evil child killers then I'm not too impressed.
1998 Meet Joe Black, I get caught up in this film and sort of fall for death myself, some may call his acting wooden in this film but then again most people miss half the acting.



Why do I not look like this?




1999 Fight Club, if yer a male and you don't like this film then you need punched, Tyler Durden is not a pop culture icon, so many layers in this movie its brilliant and Pitt can act. Yes I have this on DVD.
2000 Snatch, I usually don't go to the cinema but I did this time, Pitt plays a dirty pikey brawler, a great character and a great accent, funny as fuck, a Guy Richie film that's cool on so many levels.
The Mexican, I love this film, the location the story the direction, I'm not big on Julia Roberts but there is so much in this film that you watch it and think yeah shes ok in it. I have this on DVD.
2001 Spy game, good movie but a bit slow in places. Ocean's Eleven, he was Rusty Ryan a cool bloke who was second in command in the gang, Pitt used food props a lot like Robert Redford and you could tell that he and Clooney are great friends. I own this on DVD.
2003 Troy, great fight scenes but too much posing, Pitt does the kind of booming pretentious voice actors do for these roles if they aren't British, a bit silly still, I own this on DVD.

2004 Ocean's Twelve, I bought this and regretted it, but Brad looked good even in white jeans.


2005 Mr and Mrs Smith, I bought this and liked it until it ended is a free for all wrap it up shooting scene, Brad and Angelina were both great. I don't care about the private stuff that's their business, marriages happen and fall apart .

That's as far as I have got, I hate reading a book that turns into shit and I hate buying crap films. Brad is a pretty solid actor and I will take a chance on most of his films. I think hes brilliant, his roles are never continuously the same. He also uses his name and money to help others which is great because anyone with a few million to share should feel it their obligation to do so. Brad is one of my favourites and I wish him well.

Even with the press hounding him non-stop there is an air about him thats private and you'll never reach but hes a good man.

3 comments:

marky said...

Agreed. Legends of the Fall is in my top five or ten movies of all time. Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt. Beautifully filmed and acted.

The Mistress said...

Kickapoo?

Old Knudsen said...

marky in mine too.

MJ I didn't make him go there.